My Labor Day Weekend

What does Labor Day weekend mean to you? For me, every year I go camping in Wisconsin at Castle Rock Park with my family. It's our family tradition to go, and there are no ifs ands or buts, we have to go. When I was younger I used to love going camping and I still do, but there was a phase when I didn't really want to go. When I was young I loved going because I got to see my cousins and camping was just so much fun in general. But once I got a little bit older I always wanted to stay home and have the whole house to myself. And then when I got older I wanted to go but I barely went because I had work.

This year, I decided to drive up for at least one night. I got to see my cousins, aunts, uncles, that I haven't seen since the beginning of summer. My family lives in the suburbs, so we only see each other on holidays, birthdays, and sometimes for random family parties. Seeing everyone and being with them made me so happy. Playing games, having a campfire, dancing, laughing, etc. I had such a great time with everyone.

I posted this picture of my cousin, Karoline, and I sitting next to our campfire. My cousin Karoline actually started off this campfire, which she was really proud of herself and so were we. My cousins and I sat around this campfire talking about our lives and how we've all been since the last time we saw each other. It's crazy how you don't see your family for awhile and when you're with them it feels as you just saw them last week.



Comments

  1. I think it's awesome that you still keep up with your family traditions! It's good to keep your family happy just by being with them even for a night! Keep camping. I heard it's a lot of fun (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool to see people celebrate Labor Day and take advantage of that extra day off. To me, Labor Day weekend means working and getting time & a half pay! Hopefully next year I can experience a family-filled fun day like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its really cool that your family takes time out for each other. When I was younger my family and I used to road trip to Louisiana at least twice a summer. As I got older though those trips stopped and Everyone's life got more complicated, and although we dont have those road trips anymore Ill always have those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute that you and your family are keeping this camping tradition up! Too many times do friends and family begin to lose touch because they're not seeing or talking to each other as much. I hope you guys keep this tradition up for a long time because I know how many memories camping can bring and I know there is no replacing those memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WINTER BREAK

Admiring the Sky

E-PORTFOLIO